Vegan Spaghetti Primavera
On a lovely Saturday evening I decided to have some friends over for dinner. I thought since it was such a beautiful day that I would make a nice light pasta full of vibrant colors and distinguished flavors. Being the experimental cook that I am, I therefore tried my hand in making a vegan dish; which I nailed by the way ;) and I gotta say it was absolutely delicious! I recommend this dish to anyone who loves pasta but doesn't want the heaviness of your traditional pasta. If you're like me and love trying new things then I suggest you try out this recipes I created with a few friends. Trust me, you're gonna love it! I guarantee it.
- 500g whole grain spaghetti (uncooked)
- 1 lb. of sliced white mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 cup julienne green peppers
- 5 oz spinach
- 1 Â½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- 100g daiya smoked gouda cheese (fine Grated)
- 50g cashew based parmesan
- 50g organic micro greens (alfalfa sprouts)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fl oz OIL JEFE habanero chili oil
- 12 Organic Green beans (cut into 1/3â€™s )
- Sautee minced garlic and shallots in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook down till halve the original size.
- Boil pasta to al dente texture approx. 1-2minutes less then suggested cook time.
- Add olive oil, spinach, green peppers, green beans and tomatoes to the mushroom mixture and cook down till the spinach is wilted.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of habanero OIL JEFE the vegetables and half of the parmesan.
- Add cooked pasta and toss well until pasta is coated in the sauce.
- Plate the pasta in a pasta bowl and top with smoked Gouda, Parmesan and micro greens. Salt and pepper to taste. Add OIL JEFE on top if preferred.
- Thatâ€™s it. Ready to eat. Youâ€™ll thank me later!!